Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How to Keep Up With it All

I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed at the moment. There is so much technology being thrown at us on a daily basis that I cannot seem to ever get caught up. It seems that just as I grasp the concept of one little small piece of the pie, someone cuts another piece which throws everything off balance.

Some things that I do to try to keep up:

Read White Papers/Articles: Print or put them on an iPad or tablet so that I can read them in my downtime (not that I really have any of that). Now that I have access to a tablet, I will probably stop printing and killing trees but I still find it useful to have that piece of paper and a yellow highlighter.

Tech Sites: I follow a lot of techies on Facebook and Twitter. Let them keep up with it. I just want to be the sponge to absorb their knowledge.

Weed Out the Static: Figure out what's important to me, my business and my clients' businesses. I'm sure it's important but is it important right now? I saw an article this morning on mistakes that small businesses make when designing their websites. I have at least four clients who are working on their websites right now! They needed that information, not information on something new with Google Adwords -- at least not right now.

What are ways you utilize to keep up with this ever-changing techno world we live in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment